Monday 10 November 2014

"How great shall be your Joy"


Week 2, Transfer 13

On the 8th of November 2014, a miracle happened. 
Ashleigh Howe, a recent convert, had the privilege and blessing of watching her beloved angel mother Mary Howe be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The angels were rejoicing and Heavenly Father was no doubt smiling down upon them both. Mary actually reminds me a bit of my mother (they were born in the same year too only a few months apart!).  They have very similar spirits :) I've really enjoyed spending time with her, getting to know her struggles and triumphs, and teaching her the gospel that has changed her life forever. I remember one moment after her baptism, everyone else was out getting food and talking, and we just sat with Mary, just for a brief moment and she held our hands, with tears in her eyes and said 'I'm so glad I met you girls'. The joy that comes from not only sharing the gospel, but witnessing and being a part of someone coming into the gospel fold is indescribable. Doctrine and Covenants 18:15 "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the Kingdom of my Father!" 

That's the highlight. That's all I wanted to write for this week.

Mary's Baptism
I just invite you all, if you're members of the church, to love your friends and family enough who aren't members, to show them how amazing the gospel is and invite them to come and see for themselves. To those who aren't members, I invite you to come and see how the gospel can help you in your lives, to make you the best version of yourselves, to feel the happiness that comes from living what Christ taught. The only way to know is to experience it for yourself, so come and see for yourself. You will never regret it. :)

I leave this all with you, with my testimony that I have a sure knowledge that God is real, we have a loving Father in Heaven who wants the best for us. He sent His son Jesus Christ to help us so we can be forgiven for our sins, and so we have a perfect example to follow so we can get back to Him. Everything, EVERYTHING, which has been revealed to us in its simplicity by prophets of God in the restored church of Jesus Christ, is to bless us, to make us happy and to feel joy. What more could you want? I know it probably sounds too good to be true. And you're right, it is too good, and it's also true, and it's free to all those who are willing to live it.

In the name of my brother, my Saviour, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

xxx Sister Kuhn
        
We saw Rebecca, an African lady who hasn't come to church in a while. She's suuuper pregnant. She has 3 CUTE AS kids though. We love visiting them. She also cooks the BEST AFRICAN FOOD EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment