Tuesday 1 July 2014

Time is going by SO fast....


Week 1, Transfer 10

What duh?!! Where did the last week go???

You guys…time is going by SO fast. So I went through a bit of a hard patch in the last few weeks…well, months. It's something that Heavenly Father had to help me with I think. It wasn't the missionary work, the work is booming here and Sister Staheli and I have a lot of fun together. I honestly think it was a little bit me and a lot of the adversary. I'm through that though (for now). I can testify to you all, that I know, I KNOW, that God answers prayers. He does. He does he does he does. A thousand times over HE DOES. He has helped me and guided me and taken me by the hand through the past few months when I was feeling overwhelmed or stressed or just simply down and out. The sun is shining (metaphorically - but sometimes it shines here in England literally) and I am over the mountain! I don't know when the next one will come, I don't know when I'll have to climb up and feel like I'm holding on by my fingertips, but when it comes, I know to call upon the Lord. JUST DO IT like Nike. 


Ok, back to this last week. It's almost impossible to have enough time to write down all the miracles and experiences and crazy things that happen in a week.

Sam: We got Jamie, a recent convert from Harrogate, to come to Leeds and help teach Sam with us. Sam's getting help with certain addictions and he's truly wanting to change. He is a truly special soul. I feel Heavenly Father's love for him when we teach him. I wrote this in my letter to President just before that I received a blessing from Elder Olaussen a few weeks before he left and he said that there are people here who I knew in the spirit world waiting for me to teach them the gospel. Every time we teach Sam, I feel the spirit so strongly and I think he might be one of those spirits I knew before. I can just see him embracing the gospel and becoming the man that Heavenly Father wants him to be. It's just a pleasure to be able to teach the gospel to people. It is an absolute pleasure. No amount of sacrifice or money could make this grand opportunity not worth it. It will be a slow process for Sam I think, but he will get there. We're not giving up on him :)

Hai Yan is just the sweetest lady the ever walked the earth. She is SO cute and hilarious. We really just love her so much. Her husband isn't too keen on her being baptized and there is some family opposition there but hopefully we can work through that and Michael (her husband) will soften his heart. We prayed with her that he would. She has great faith and she LOVES church haha LOVES IT. 

We had a ward BBQ on Saturday. It was epic. They had volleyball and a jumping castle and all sorts. We had like 10 or more non members come and a few other people we invited as well. It was a great success. We gave like 3 chapel tours and ran around trying to make sure everyone was comfortable and having a good time. Sister Staheli and I went home to have tea and we just crashed and slept the whole tea hour that we get and then we went back out.

Also, shout out to ERRBODY who sent me emails and cards for my birthday. I SO 1000000% appreciate it every single one of them…yes, that means yours! 

Love you all. Time is going super super fast at the moment. Don't you all change too much!

Sister Kuhn xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment